LoM Livestream 100th Episode Special | 25 Feb 17 | Origins
In this special “Legion of Myth: Origins” episode:
- MaxLiao captions LoM’s history and gives thanks to the LoM community – past, present, and future.
- Special guest, Josh Harrison, Line Developer of the Earthdawn product line for FASA Games, Inc., answers questions from Legion of Myth and provides great insight into Earthdawn 4th edition.
- Elgarion tells us what video game as a youngster turned him into the gamer he is today.
- Heathendog re-reviews two anime that influenced him as a child.
- Garthon reviews three comic books that drew him into the comic book genre.
- In the RNG segment: Legends of Tomorrow, older console games, and iZombie.
Thank you to Josh “LoreMerchant” Harrison for taking the time out of his schedule to join the Legion of Myth Weekly Livestream.
Thank you to all of our livestream viewers and commentators. We really appreciate the interactivity with the host(s).
Please Like and Share these posts from our Facebook page, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
You know we love you all — thank you very much!
JOHN “MAXLIAO” SCHLOE: LEGION OF MYTH ORIGINS:
- 0:01 – MaxLiao captions LoM’s history and gives thanks to the LoM community – past, present, and future.
SPECIAL GUEST JOSH “LOREMERCHANT” HARRISON TALKS ABOUT EARTHDAWN:
- 11:17 – Josh is working on the Travar sourcebook and tells us the first ever tabletop RPG he played.
- 13:02 – How Josh got involved with Earthdawn, specifically how he took on the challenge of 4th Edition.
- 16:45 – How Josh and FASA Games, Inc. distanced itself from the soured community opinions of the RedBrick Limited days.
- 20:35 – Josh answers questions about Talent Knacks and Talent Crises.
- 22:30 – Josh tells us about the continuation of Earthdawn game lore in 4th Edition.
- 27:15 – Josh is asked about the type of player that annoys him.
- 31:04 – Josh is asked what he thinks makes 4th Edition the premiere edition of Earthdawn; and talks Success Levels and Exploding Dice with Heathendog.
- 46:19 – Josh is asked about his favorite Earthdawn Discipline.
- 48:02 – What are the chances of an Earthdawn video game?
- Please follow Josh and Earthdawn on Twitter: @mataxes | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/earthdawnguild/ | http://fasagames.com
RICK “ELGARION” HART: VIDEO GAME ORIGINS:
- 54:57 – Rick “Elgarion” Hart’s video game origin story starts with Wasteland [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_(video_game)]. Does it still hold up as a game to love over 25 years later? Rick says it’s a wonderful trip down memory lane, and gives it a 3/5 (in current rating currency).
BRETT “HEATHENDOG” GRISAMER: ANIME ORIGINS:
- 1:13:27 – Fist of the North Star (北斗の拳)  – Is it still “the most violent, action packed anime of all time,” and does it stand up to Heathendog’s ‘test of time’ standard?
- 1:21:05 – Golgo 13: The Professional (ゴルゴ13)  – How does the story, violence, and artistry of this 30+ year old anime hold up in 2017?
ALEX “GARTHON” MARSH: COMIC BOOK ORIGINS:
- 1:28:00 – Secret Wars #1 through #12  – After an initial audio issue, Garthon tells us why this series has a special place in his heart; and engages Josh to discover he’s a comic book fan as well.
- 1:36:39 – The Amazing Spider-Man #300  – The importance of this issue in the Spider-Verse and Garthon’s comic book growth.
- 1:42:38 – Uncanny X-Men #212  – The series that showed an impressionable Garthon that comics aren’t always honey and roses. Did he enjoy re-reading this book after so many years?
RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR (RNG):
- 1:53:51 – Josh enjoys Legends of Tomorrow, talks about the series’ virtues, and encourages listeners to give the series a good look – “A good second season.”
- 2:01:58 – Garthon continues to play older console games and is having ‘super fun.’
- 2:02:31 – Elgarion brings up the Netfix series, Frequency, and Josh expresses his excitement for the upcoming season of iZombie.
Don’t miss our Legion of Myth Weekly Livestream every Saturday evening at 8:00pm CST on twitch.tv/legionofmyth — anime, comic books, video games, and more!
As always, thank you very much for your interest and support, we really appreciate it.